into Gargilesse

Argh! There is a fête in Argenton-sur-Creuse so the hotels chambre d'hotes etc are full. The suggested Hotel on the crossroads is too close to the comings and goings - so this afternoon I must walk to the Refuge municipal in Gargilesse-Dampierre: but not now. Not for a little while. I feel tarnished although I had a fit night last night. The knock on effect of two long 32 kilometres days. But at 15kms it's a pleasant afternoon stroll alongside the Creuse? But it is chilly and in L'Agora Café Bar Brasserie there is 99% shade where the sun is just beyond me to the south. A coffee. Number 3 of this day. No more. Should I eat repase...

***

At first I thought it's all the same, as I followed a street out of Argenton-sur-Creuse, up passed the Gîte at Le Péchereau, which is full, and much of it was a little bland, however there was the river, once I had rejoined it. And then it hit Moulin Loup, a leat, and a streep incline by the damming barrier across the river. Now I am definitely in 'France'. Gargilesse reminds me a little of Conques, but very much smaller, with a Château not an Abbey. The Refuge Municipal is sublime and there are many many peregrinos who have walked the entirety.

The Boutique, Bar, Epicerie, on the other side of the cleft, has my fading attention with Pietra Colombia in bottles and the Ambrée on tap. Plus I bought composibles for the morning, if I feel I must leave with the sunrise... There is no coffee before 9 up here. Down there is George Sands home and those who hope her ways rub off... I am tired. 4 hours getting from Bourges to Argenton-sur-Creuse and 3 hours getting into proper Chemin territory... Was worth it?

Comments

Popular Posts