CVD19.8

The last day of March begins
With the sun cornered between
Clouds and St James' Hospital
And me sat in the same space
Wondering when this will finish?

The voices in my head are reaching
Outward, from where they'd been
Relegated to an occasional threat,
To become emboldened by others
Who always judge on partial evidence.

Give me back my feet, and my
Way, otherwise I will cave in
And mutate again becoming lesser
When all I seek is magnitude!
Yet isn't it still my choice to walk?

Bored of switching on the radio
With it's list from panic measures,
And hearsay, dropping "mights"
Into the doomsaying with this
Negative wassailing upward creep!

Crawling back into the kitchen,
Stirring, sideways, this familiar vessel,
A subcontinential spicy ration,
Breaking my fast, prior to
One form of exercise without prejudice.
Cruelly formulated in this cell,
By those without a free instinct;
Charmless, bland or banal.
Gruel they serve up in bitter measures
Isn't so sweet being jurist rigged.

Comments

Popular Posts