I thought mammoths were extinct?

A truly mammoth day. At least 45 kilometres by the time I'd paid for one night in Hotel de la Val(€76.04 - ouch) because the lady who welcomes pilgrims is on her holidays and an Abbey was at first willing and then not (but very far from the route I am supposed to take for one more day tomorrow). On the route it's impossible to find anywhere in the various ville and court I have passed (there wasn't a shop at all) and in Magny-en-Vexin the suggested Hotel was complete... It is Friday and it is mid July. If I can't find a reasonable place to sleep tomorrow: a much shorter etape, I will walk north towards Rouen and an Auberge du Jeunesse. On Monday/ Tuesday, when the heatwave returns, I really need an Airbnb somewhere. I want to head to Amiens, Somme etc...

The guy on reception gave me a discount and a room with a bath so I soaked me, socks and pants. But I don't want to talk about the colour of the water! One days dust...
Some wind is picking up as I sit below the Collegiale church on the Seine. Another mighty European river. Last month the Ebro and this month Seine...back to the Wharfe for 36 days shortly!

Comments

Popular Posts