Auto-stop to Gisors

It is not yet 7 and I am sat opposite the grande eglise here in Gisors. Auto-stop from Trie-Château as Le Bar/Tabac is closed and so too the Boulanger, but not coming to the main centre is definitely something overlooked by those planned the route from Beauvais. It's not a Cathedral but it is definitely a Collegiale standing proud on the horizon with the streams passing around it heading towards the River Seine.

Eating pizza was not good for falling asleep. It's too rich a food, especially the old fashioned, high in phoney Mozzarella...but once I finally conked out that was it until 6am. No toilet break.

The weather looks less extreme this morning and, indeed I am wearing a long sleeved midlayer: the only one I have from the lost luggage...

...and I have to walk to get back on The Way? So silly. Where am I going? There is no way of knowing, but I love the haphazardness of the end of the day yesterday - traipsing everywhere for cash, beer and food - and today hitching into Gisors for a hasty tourist promenade before heading due south on a minor road to Delincourt.

Comments

Popular Posts