2nd June - day one of the Jubilee.

Second day of June and it's wall to wall blue sky. After I've abluted this morning I am spending a considerable time on the allotment. I've got these blue corn kernels which I feel I need to plant now the weather is improving. I will have to protect them from pigeons, etc, but I've plenty of chicken wire which I can lay over or I can use the netting tunnel I didn't know I had.

***

Yesterday Lola and I walked from Sicklinghall to Wetherby via Spofforth, Crimple Beck and Kirk Deighton. Afterwards she was exhausted, but she enjoyed running through the wheat and barley fields (and I felt better mentally for having had a long walk). Leaving her at 42 I went out for a couple of hours trying to finish the Graham Greene novel I've been reading End of the Affair.

Mum didn't realise that I'd not fed her so Lola was going crazy at her around five! She normally has her second meal at 3! Poor girl must've thought she was being punished! If dogs even consider those things?

After I've been on the allotment today I will head back to Leeds for the evening and come back to walk her in the morning, again, at least once this bank holiday I want a solo walk... Or with Stephen if he's available... 

Comments

Popular Posts