end of Jubilee day one... survived...

Caught the bus from Deerstone Ridge. X99 a Sunday service this bank holiday. Same all weekend I suppose.

Saw Andy before I departed from the allotment and I probably will bump into him on Friday afternoon after I've walked back to Wetherby from Leeds on the morrow...

Need one proper day walking distance without Lola, who can't do more that two hours really now she's seven, and I've not walked from my flat for ages. Usually I walk from Wetherby to Roundhay. Tomorrow I could do the Meanwood Valley Way and link it to Wyke Ridge in Harewood Park?

***

Upstairs now as the back of downstairs smells badly of mould: it's an old bus. I recall the same smell on this bus. It's the purple and aquamarine awfulness from ten plus years ago.

***

Got back to the flat, did two washes: one of walking stuff and one of bathroom stuff... Made a simple rice dish for lunch and I should finish it for supper. Made porridge for the morning. No alcohol today. Will have a proper walk tomorrow. First long walk since I left Winchester a few weeks ago: those ones I do with Lola add up to quite a few kilometres over a few days, but I don't like to walk her to a premature death so she always has some time out after a biggie: Wednesday was a biggie! Today she's been with my sister and tomorrow mum and Emma are going to the Ings with her. Realistically I could miss out Wetherby on Friday and just go Saturday morning...


Comments

Popular Posts