Thursday morning, 11th March.

Don't stay at Formula 1 because it's hidden amongst a ton of low rent empty industrial properties, in the north of Metz and surrounded by the train tracks and the main road passing from Paris to Luxembourg. But do stay there because it's the only option, the bed was comfortable and it's very easy to pack away your stuff and head over Moyen Pont and be in the centre in no time(20 minutes): ignoring the quantity of Kebab and Halal French Fries Chicken lining the student area thoroughfare; just like every student thoroughfare in existence!

The question now is Train, Bus or BlaBlaCar? Not one atom of my existence really wishes to go to Luxembourg City, but yesterday I was left in Metz without an option of finding anywhere here I can really budget for. I've just booked into the Youth Hostel in a (Corona) mixed dorm, but, just as Mike said, there is probably much reduced tourists? Last night I spotted on two Chinks in our armour, and both were masked as they always seem to be - even prior to this Corona Media explosion!

Actually the further north I go the more likely, if suddenly the UK rejects all flights from Schengen area too (as the US will on Friday) the more capability I have to walk back to Calais or the Hook van Holland if that becomes the only way for me to be back in the UK? Gosh I am actually planning to walk back... because now I'm missing England, Yorkshire, friends, family and Lola!

Comments

Popular Posts