Luxembourg City.

It's 8:50 and I'm on a slow train to Luxembourg. It's fine. I found a quiet part of the carriage and am trying not to breath in too much! It was so busy in the Gare because it's rush hour and there hasn't been any formal statement by Macron about life as the French know it.

Actually he's banned gatherings of 1000+ people and what is a Gare? But I've passed into Luxembourg and am a little tired! All that walking , then those few bottles of Orval and an average night's sleep. Need to sleep in a cool, clean and quiet space! I wonder if there are Amis Saint Jacques in Luxembourg City?

...

Booked into the Auberge de Jeunesse, in the old low quarter of Luxembourg City, and left my rucksack. After a quick freshen up I've walked through Clausel (which seems like Truman Brewery off Brick Lane), up to the Grund and popped into Scott's, because I've been on the go since six (again). As usual I can't check into the room until 1, but then a siesta is a necessity! Eleven days of slogging it has taken its toll.

Much of my body has recovered since the assault outside of the flat, but my right knee definitely has a soreness that feels beyond simple bruising and my right shoulder, although less painful has a more localised acute pain if I try to stretch above 90 degrees.

In Scott's, after a walk around Grund, time for a drink, but I wasn't keen on Diekirch Unfiltered - too bitter for me. Time for food - bacon cheeseburger - and I'll try Diekirch Grand Cru Ambrée instead.

Everyone has been seriously spooked by this Corona Virus situation, including me as I sat as far from anyone as possible in Scott's, and those coming and going did the same, except a German family, who came too close to me, so I moved equidistant!

Back at the hostel and able to switch off for an hour...

Comments

Popular Posts