Fão

The only pilgrim I saw today was on the opposite side of the track and heading to Fatima...

Stopped for lunch, but my first objection is the music is all cover versions ... Just now Lithium ... It shouldn't be done. The soup was too salty so I worry about the fayre to come! And the faces of the other diners are well 'crispy' - I smiled loads but they di'nee - is this just Portugues?

However the wine, Malvasia I feel, has that gentle salinity in that Vinho Verde fashion (with its subtle petilliance too) and was wonderful. But the best thing to about the current song is it is 'not' Guns and Roses ((a very overrated 'rock' band) and please give me AC/DC before Bon Scott's demise!)) and the cover version is more tolerable than the sickening original. And I am left wondering what makes the owner tick as it just makes me tick tick boom...

The last few steps were fatigued indeed. So any port in a storm. Manjar de Praia: the olives are lovely, so is the bread and manteiga from the Azores... And black beans! It wasn't a mountain of meat like Sunday's carne-thon. Now digesting on a dry red wine. Before the next 10 kilometres? So I was going to have a day off beer, wine and meat: but I had already failed at that breakfast cheese toastie, and those pastel, before I stumbled off the dunelands at Praia Ramalha to the development under the broad rainbow.
Now I fell short of the bridge over the Rio Cávado, but I am in the Hostel Spot. In the hostel there is a chilled out dog called Spot, but the hostel was already called Spot before he found his appellation and his very spot on the sofa; which he may fight me for?But I couldn't stop and shower. I am too full of nervous energy from the large, but expensive, lunch and as the locals chew the fat and play dominoes, below the canopy reading Family Coffee, I consider coming back for a meat feast! Later I've a comfortable bed, alone, in the Hostel Spot. With french style drop coffee and oats for breakfast what more could I yearn for as I possibly miss out Esposende tomorrow? This village/town on the southern shore has a medieval burial ground and a local Pelenque association: I just watched someone with better silver balls set himself up next to the Jack...
He asked if I was taking a photo of him? I said no just the Amigos...
Nestled in a garage, hiding in immaculate state (untouched by Woody Allen) stood Herbie before Monte Carlo! So I finished in Fão because I could go no further on my Caminho, today, Vinho Verde and bed I think?

Comments

Popular Posts