Am I lost?

Monday morning... And there is no feeling better than being heckled by someone in the Santiago group on FB? Of course it's fine... They don't actually know anything about the Camino if they thinks it's meant to be a smiley happy thing. I repeat it: it's never a smiley happy thing! But obviously it also a smiley happy thing!

This morning the news is featuring on the snow in Northern Europe, slightly less stressful than Gaza or Ukraine! My mum sent me a photo of the snow: it made me laugh as it looked like pretend snow. Some places it must be more widespread? And obviously the kids are off school and out on their sledges and toboggans; constructing snow persons? I recall we used a black polythene bag if we were caught with snow and no sledge.

Last night a thought came to me: walk to Valença and then back to Porto, via Braga... Am I really interested in reaching Santiago so soon after the previous visit? And now I have to return to Porto to get back for young Archie once more...(not until the 21st, but I have to be in place and going to Stansted costs so much more to get back to Yorkshire in the end).

A great night's kip in the albergue. Just me and another(Bulgarian girl) in separate rooms. I awoke at 6 and now I am in a TORRIé cafe as Monday gathers stream: day three. Is it really only day three? On leaving with freshly laundered linen (and antibacterially washed too) I decided to experiment with body odour. So far nothing smells bad(and I have a very sensitive nose) so I am not changing into the second (and only) set of underthings. The army surplus silk and cotton 'draws' are designed to be worn on the front line for a long time without festering(antibacterial silver). No one is around me either. Day three and I've seen just 5 pilgrims since I left the old harbour in Porto on Saturday morning, and one was going to catch the bus to Valença...
In the night the wind and rain, and the rattling of the window pane, made me a bit fearful of a third day in rain attire, but it's subsided. The wind is about and it's still unseasonably warm(even from northern Portugal)?

Comments

Popular Posts