Liverpool

Liverpool is a suprise. It's really interesting ... I've no idea why I've never visited here ... All my life a 'Liverpool FC' fan (having only been to Anfield once; damn it!), a Beatles fan and a culture and history vulture... I have to say better late than never. Apart from the piles of litter, which is a British problem and not Liverpool's sole responsibility, it's been a weekend I will treasure. Fine I got a little carried away yesterday, after my left foot flared up again and I dragged myself through Cain's Brewery (awful) and sought The Belvedere (where Alysha was very warm and an elderly gentleman gave me a potted history of Liverpool (warts and all)) I crawled into my upgraded room 505 and woke up with a stomach upset. Possibly from too much beer, wine and a slice of much too tempting Victoria Sponge...

Upgraded as the initial room, 301, had mould in one corner of the room hidden behind the bunk bed which probably hadn't been moved since the Hatter's became Selina, or since the YMCA became the Hatter's?

There is no reason not to come again and, thankfully, the backpacker's is quiet because it's one of those weekends - I am fortunate? The next two weekends it's booked out with Easter weekend and Aintree's endurance death race 2023.

...

Retired to a room of one's own via a salsa class in the function room of the Selina. And I was quite entertained by the beautiful bodies until I finally enjoyed the sychronisity of their actions and I clapped as they came out of a rhythm I couldn't imagine: good people; Liverpool is Skill.

Comments

Popular Posts