Heading to Perpignan for fun on the Chemin Saint-Jacques!

Sleep deprived as I couldn't stop worrying about the time I would be waking - the alarm wouldn't go off or it would be silent...
I had a similar problem in Murcia, with Glenn (who wasn't fretting), back in February in a frigid room, close to the station, as I wasn't 100% that there was a train back to Alicante at the time it was being suggested on Google.

After that tumultuous night it appeared that there was an early train, but we couldn't book online! It was a commuter train which had a very difficult system, with no advance purchase, to comprehend.

Fortunately an elderly gentleman helped us to get the ticket we needed so we got to the advised stop prior to Alicante. Once we arrived at the bus stop, just prior to the airport, the shuttle bus passed us by without stopping - panic set in again (why do I get so anxious?) - it was full to capacity. Very luckily a worker also going to the airport, who lived close to the stop, was also stranded and decided to drive us there with herself... It was a very lucky last morning in South East Spain with the sun coming up in the East. Now I've discovered CBD I know I have a distorted Cortisol level, or something, because my anxiety this morning is where it should be - negligible - even feeling a little physically tired...

So around midnight I snoozed on and off until I got up at 3am,  got my stuff together, left the flat with the mains off - I've just run out of toilet cleaner, paper and all the dates I didn't bring with me - Palestinian full strength dates to help those folks in any way I am capable? I went down to the front of Lovell Park Heights around all the cordoned off area and arrived just as the Amber Taxi was arriving (£25, ouch) - no early bus on a Sunday, but I didn't really want to walk down to the station as the clubs had turned out Saturday night/Sunday morning ravers so it's all good. On the way back I'll get the bus.

Now I am in the air. And I am sinking into the Camino feeling I wonder if I could pick up where I fell down last time I took the main route into Spain up La Tét Valley just after Vinça ... Ultreïa!

One hour until I get to Roussillon and collect my Chemin head from the locker and put the alcoholic one back where it needs to remain forever! I don't want to return to the me of 2013 at Yo!Sushi where I was also pissing my life away! There is another way and it's sensible, gentle, uplifting and 100% true: oh to be doing it again! December, and that murder on the Camino del Madrid, is such a long time ago! Ryanair ahead of schedule even with French Air Traffic Control striking at the moment... 

As we descend I am lifted up by the very thing which definitely saved my life, along with A Course in Miracles and meditation, back in 2013 when I couldn't connect with anything in the existence I seemed to be plonked in - pilgrimage is good for the soul as it opens up the possibility of limitless miracles along its path.

Comments

Popular Posts