Port Notre Dame

Exhausted. Nervous. Ready to collapse, but not yet. Food. La Famille - nouvelle cuisine. Nice but Petit - but it filled a hole. On the main bohemian area Carrer Paratilla. Not yet. Good vibes. It's very windy. Coming off the Pyrenees. Outside the airport I hastily removed shorts and put on joggers. It stopped me getting a chill. Lovely in the sun. There was/is no buses on a Sunday between the station and airport so I will need to plan something on Sunday for the return ... That's another story.

Now I have a demi blonde biere as I struggle with the French language, again, and find my right eye missing more and more - I almost fell when I went inside the restaurant rather than get chilled on my legs.

Tomorrow I am fixed for a night in the Abbaye Saint Michel Cuxa and I don't have to walk too far: 22kms, but I have fears about falling again. Doubly careful. I don't know if I will go the same way as two years back: Gerona isn't too far away.

I think the Bistro opposite the Gîtes de l'association is a better option. It's the first day. I want to start Monday in one piece. No more beer. That half has enough. It's just for refreshment. Here it's Carbonara and water. Simple. Tomorrow I walk. Now sleep...

But it didn't happen. Like jet lag I suppose waking at midnight, 1am, 2am and 3am. For two hours I was frozen in semi sleep, while peeing the copious water I'd drunk between arriving at the Gîtes and leaving the bistro then I was awake. So it's vitamin D time next to the stream running through the centre of the restaurant, bar area next to Cafe de la Paix - La Bassa?

A couple of wines between water and the stiff breeze which throws all it can into the ether - leaves, straws, drink cans, wine glasses... Hopefully not? It's France: Occitanie. Languedoc-Roussillion as was. Land of D'Oc and fine wines. I must retire shortly as I feel weary.

That's it. Paid for a night in Le Boulou €29 28 kilometres from Perpignan - lets see how the aches and pains are tomorrow... Should be ok if I get a clear night's sleep? No getting up at 3am. Wake when I awake? Yup. Night night!

Comments

Popular Posts