getting to Limoges the wrong way...

First time for everything: I caught the wrong train... On the wrong platform going north not south, so now I am in Argenton-sur-Creuse again!


It could be worse it could be Leeds-upon-Aire?

My flight isn't until 1720 tomorrow so I could stay here and head to Limoges tomorrow... Catching the correct train on the correct platform, nah!

Hilarious, I got on the wrong train... Fantastic - I am so exhausted, from those dozen or so days, that I didn't register a green screen is arrivals and a blue screen is departures... My bad.

Truly I am at the end of my endurance... Setting off from Beauvais with a hangover, leaving Paris with a hangover and walking a few hundred kilometres between Beauvais and La Souterraine and now a coffee in a corner café... What next? I am frazzled and haven't booked anything in Limoges (good job). Perhaps I head there at my leisure and try to stay with the Nuns?

Time for 2 coffees and a croissant and to ponder who was is positioned directly behind the royal family, behind the coffin, on the cover of Le Figaro in Le Café de Poche: one or two look likely to follow her shortly?

***

Walked up to the memorial to those killed by the Nazis prior to liberation in 1944. Then to the collosal statue of Notre Dame and child, in monsterous gold, then down to the old bridge over the Creuse. I did pass through very tired and very briefly on Sunday before the 15 kilometress to Gargilesse. Today it's 3 hours and I am exhausted again. Back the correct way at 11:41 via La Souterraine where I can use the original ticket? €10 online on the SNCF app. So I won't arrive in Limoges until lunch: but I don't know where I will be staying. Need a proper kip: none of the paper thin walls in the last night's Halte Jacquaire. And the astonished glance from the hostess as I left without much of a breakfast: but I missed my train!

***

Four hours later and I am passing through la Souterraine the correct way? Perhaps I'd have arrived far too early in Limoges and would've wound up drunk well before I could check into wherever I am staying - I booked an Airbnb centrally.

***

Before dinner the hosts cat decided we must be friends, but it did take long, when it was sat on my lap, for a couple of fleas to pounce on me as I removed a tic from around it's neck. After o couple of hours I was itching around the ankles, then I found my friend at the foot of my bed! I hastily shooed it away and shook the blanket into the corridor... It looked such a clean moggy too?

Comments

Popular Posts