The end of this Way.

At the end of this Way. This time. Two days and one night remaining so I want to down tools and chill before heading back to Blighty, post-funeral.

Last night was a great end with me listening intently to three speaking French and I do believe it was about the price of things: inflation. A very standard conversation for those that do not move... I'll return to the UK, BBC, my mother and all that stuff on Wednesday so I wasn't really listening too intently.

The meal was fine. A little bland, but they usually are on the Chemin Saint Jacques: white rice, white cauliflower, white cucumber salad and porc in a jus. But it was the right combination of foods - and it was finished off with a wonderful Compote de pomme. And I slept soundly with a lingering headache from slightly too much distance in the sunshine without a break...

Meaning to have a shower I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, when I awoke with a start everyone was also in their beds, so I am not so clean this morning!

Truly bone weary. To be continually moving since Beauvais, where I walked from the Airport, I feel completely out of it! I could not manage another day!

I left the pilgrims and host on the cheap plonk and they're suffering this morning from 'just one more?'... I want to catch the 8:11am train so will head off at 7:45 and decide whether it's Limoges or another town I stay for the final night?

Comments

Popular Posts