End of Day Two.

While waiting for a sandwich a messenger of the Lord arrived to buy a croissant. Le Curé was behind me in his dog collar. Ready to start the day in the usual manner: with his morning bread. He invited me to the Paroisse and he took my details: he will speak to the priest in Chantilly, so I may be able to sleep there?

All those coincidences! If I hadn't gone through all of my early morning routine he wouldn't have been behind me in the queue - I question the concept of Free Will often. It took me a few moments for this penny to drop and tell him I was a pelerin and I got to spend a few moments in his garden with his other messenger of the Lord: a scruffy French spaniel.

***

The priest at the Presbytère was very wary, but in 2022 I would be too. I haven't craved a bed from a Curé or Prêtre in so long it's not true: perhaps as far back as that random Orval bar after Halle in Belgium... He eventually caved in. Now I am sat at the end of Rue de Connétable in a bar tabac the owner of my first ever trail trainers: Made in India too! Salomon Hypulse with a memory high arch sole and my soul feels saved: my very own rubber in-soul!

***

I had to come to 'hell': Chantilly is all I think I dislike about Bourgeois France. The faux charm: all polished but totally leatherette. Grand houses for Dukes, Princes and Kings: but France is a Republic so it has the modern unreality.

Today I needed the loo often and it was something either from the morning or last night making its presence felt! I just made it to a toilet in Saint- Maximin before I was lost completely. Perhaps it's just the diet. I am bored Italian too... Three nights on the bounce. I want to look after myself...

I could be walking into a spider's web by walking into Paris over the next two days. There was a time I did do all the touristic stuff, but I've died and been born again since then. Depends how I feel tomorrow, but I may go left(North East) rather than right(South West) and link up with the route I took from Belgium a few years ago. Which ended one day after Maubeuge. God knows I am confused, but thankfully I've proper shoes now, rather than the pair of pathetic sandals sending me insaner!

Comments

Popular Posts