premier etape

Usual routine this Wednesday morning, but on leaving the Gîtes I decided I want to walk, not catch a bus to walk tomorrow... It definitely feels right not to spend one day in Compiègne then a night, with its relentless temptations: which I fail at. Not so bad this morning. The bed was short and squeaky. Coffee, toilet and away.

***

A long tiring day which could go no further 6 kilometres from Mouy, the premier etape this outing. It took a while to hitch here from Mouchy, but I managed it. At the Mairie I got a great deal of assistance to find a bed for the evening: La Source Tranquille. The family from Berkshire who own the Gîtes allowed me to stay in their home for €50. But my feet are no good in these sandals. The hostess, Vanessa, has been very helpful, gave me a cup of tea (twice) and we chatted about my life and hers - in the morning there will be coffee, some orange juice, muesli and yogurt.

My pronunciation is bad... It may one day get better, but I doubt it - my brain won't connect the dots.

She recommended Chez Prisci for repase this evening and a Roquefort and Noix salade and a Lasagna make absolute sense... Then bed in that giant of a bed: it doesn't have four posts... But it feels like it does! In my head I am in the Vicarage in Black Boys, Sussex, once more. It's a giant of a family home...

Tomorrow Chantilly, with these feet? And apparently it's like Ascot...no wonder it's out of my price bracket?

Comments

Popular Posts