Time to go....

Yesterday morning I booked a flight to Beauvais, again, with the intention of walking the Chemin Saint Jacques from there for a few days before I have to return and be in Wetherby almost everyday from the 23rd until the 3rd September.

There is a Gîtes d'Etape in Beauvais and the town is very close to the airport so I should walk to the accommodation and depart as usual on the following day. I could walk to Amiens and the coast or from Beauvais to Paris and Oreleans/Chartres again.

Whichever route I choose to depart from on Wednesday I will need to return on or before the 23rd, at the latest, as Emma (sister) flies to Ibiza on Saturday, very early (I assumed she'd be getting going at a reasonable time, but Emma's not reasonable)!

On the way south from Carlisle I looked at the desolation around Settle, where all the hills stand barren and unloved, and decided I couldn't walk the Pennine Way - who cut down all the trees? Times have changed and the forests need reseeding!

Comments

Popular Posts