Valentine's Day

Monday morning, 7 am.

Clouds rushing from West to East with some breaks in the monotony. Yesterday afternoon monotonous. I waited all morning for an 'out of hours' visit to sort the leak on the cistern/toilet which couldn't be fixed by him because the problem is the outlet rusting. He will feedback to Leeds City Council. And he couldn't fix the over flowing issue because he wasn't called out for that... So basically he put some 'tape' around the outlet pipe which has prevented a leak so far, but when I told him I'd still need to turn off the mains to stop the overflow - I am on a water meter and it's a waste of water - he didn't understand why... At least he came out ... But it's his job and I bet he gets paid loads extra to be on standby over a weekend? I find the service provided by Leeds City Council numbing. It's so hard to get a friendly voice at the end of the phone and the people who visit are sullen: it took ages to get beyond his glower to his soul. Mears? Why out source to the lowest bidder? Well you get a crappy maintenance crew. It's England. Driven down by penny pinching.

On the positive side I got a full refund for the track pants/jogging bottoms which were pilling and started to come apart from the pocket after two washes: Colombia brand - won't buy another thing of theirs.

Had 5 halves between 12:30 and 16:30, came back and made a stirfry. Hit bed at 8pm. Slept until 6am. Waiting for another appointment this morning: washing my bedding. Felt guilty for going to the pub
...

Comments

Popular Posts