Lovell Park Grange.

From 6am until late, in the early evening, there has been a JCB construction vehicle reversing, with the audible warning alarm/siren/noise, even on Sundays.

The usual traffic noise around the flat and the occasional siren of police or ambulance or fire engine I've grown accustomed to, because I've been here since 2015 and can usually meditate on it until it no longer causes me grief, but the last several months of trying to accommodate this reversing sound and the additional noise of the people who have been working around my tower block, as part of the insolation upgrade, is making me go insane.

The man below me with his pounding techno music and the children running around the communal space outside my flat, and belting a ball against my door, mean I am unable to switch off properly. Add to this the noise of boy racers, motorcycles without silencers and a distant sound of music over the weekend means that this flat feels like a form of torture...

Comments

Popular Posts