Tuesday 8th November.am

Sitting waiting for it to brighten before heading up to the allotment for a bit of the morning. Meant to be meeting Nick at the Rooster's Taproom this afternoon, as I've not seen him once since I left him in Tarragona that Monday morning for the interior of Catalonia, and those long three days chasing monasteries. A dull November morning. Oh well! Mustn't grumble?

Had 4 halves and one bottle in Wetherby prior to coming back to a burger and chips that mum had made. I'd done lunch - caldo verde - which was the healthy option? I've just had some for breakfast and am waiting for it to get to work - waking me up properly.

First thing a fog wrapped itself around the street lights along York Road and the grey clings to the roofs and trees barely receding. But I will visit the allotment?

***

Great day on Sunday. As I walked up to the allotment the fog lifted and it was more or less blue skies until I headed into Wetherby to wait for the bus into Harrogate where I bought a pair of walking socks and waited on platform 3 for the 13:52 to Hornbeam Park.

At the end of our day I caught the 36(£7.50) so I could get off opposite the flat and not have to run the gauntlet of Leeds city centre, but the train is considerably cheaper at £4.40...

I was a little tired on Monday, but wasn't hungover? Lola and I spent most of the day, after I'd caught the 8:30 X98, together in a loving embrace. At 12:30 I went upstairs to meditate and she bolted up and got me to her side at 13:15. At 1400 I took her out for a second meander and therefore pushed her teatime back to around 3pm once more ... She's such a loving pup and was exceedingly happy to go cuddle Finley over at my sister's on Monday evening so I could have a quiet night fully recovering from Sunday.

But I was fully awake at 5am(was 6am) as the sounds of the A1 motorway disturbed my sleep(however distant it feels behind mother's new double glazing). Some how I need to push my slumber back towards 8 or 9 of an evening (without alcohol in my bloodstream) not the 7 it was last night?

***

Day one of the rest of my life? Mum has chosen to start watching GB News in the morning... The older she gets the more right wing are her views and, because the BBC is biased against her POV, she's decided to ditch it for those sinister individuals who run bigoted media; I hardly agree with anything spoken by the BBC either but it's not a minefield of misdirection. I chose to leave the box in the corner switched off.

Comments

Popular Posts