21 days to go!

Three entire weeks left of Archie by my side on a morning. I don't know how others 'dog sit', but I actually sit by the side of him regularly and he always sits with me between dawn and walk.

As he looks up at me in the morning, at the bottom of the bed, and I cuddle him closely, he seems genuinely happy with those huge eyes and as they glimmer.

He has a tendency to go looking for a ball later on to give to me to play with: but that's an obsessive action which has become a part of his behaviour, and probably led to his back end paralysis issue which effects his gate. In Lola that aspect is absolutely devoid. She's also happy by my side for cuddles and kisses. And I rarely play ball.

***

Yesterday was a day of tiredness and endurance. Finally at nine pm, after a final walk around the block, and as clouds increased in the west threatening to pour down into Yorkshire, I called Sunday complete and collapsed on the bed(not in it on this sultry day as the room at the top clings on to the heat of the day longest).

Glenn came over on Saturday afternoon with the lost/misplaced backpack (hurray) so I made him a cock-au-vin then we caught the number 7 bus to Boston Spa for a few beers, mixed with ciders, around it's main road(that long throughfayre) before getting the 18:45 back to Wetherby to return to Archie and Lola who came with us for a couple of hours to Wetherby Brewery where we shared a wonder Igloo pizza. 

In the afternoon I struggled through Allianz awful claim form and wrote an accompanying letter to lay out my outlay that additional day I was caught in Beauvais around Bastille Day: God knows what will become of that...

Monday morning is here... Just 3 more weeks of dog sitting for the summer of 2022 then I will go on pilgrimage in a cooler Europe?

Comments

Popular Posts