Saturday evening, 9th July.

Just chimed 7pm on the lounge clock bringing to an end a pretty tiring day. Just about to hit the sack on this warm evening. Last night was a similar heat and I left the patio door and the first floor balcony door open to allow a breeze to follow Ruby and I into the rooms upstairs.

Finished off a lovely pork meatball sweet and sour which I ate with so slightly over steamed Charlotte potatoes. Still it went down well for lunch and the small portion for dinner.

Took me a while to realise but Maureen has a shelf in the freezer for me... It's the one next to Ruby's! Before this sitting I hadn't thought she meant it exactly. But I get the feeling I've been blind...

Ruby and I managed a two hour walk from 3. I took water with me and we clung to the shade or shadows as often as was possible. She's away now. After her sprat and meat dinner...

There is a breeze: the one ruffling the leaves on the sycamore at the bottom of their garden, on the Old Railway lines, and making the birch sway drunkenly on the right-hand side of their back garden.

Comments

Popular Posts