A day in the life of Beauvais.

Off with the facial hair and also the little head hair which sprouts from my BB bonce - €20 behind the Marché Square - there doesn't appear to be a Halles.


Too many wines last night on a very empty stomach. All I can do today is stay away from all forms of café/bar this evening. I will walk tomorrow early. But where am I going? And can I be bothered to head to an out of town sportswear shop?

One of the hosts (Christian) is willing to take me a little later, but I need to speak to the insurance company and find out what I can do to get funds asap?

The shop offers pèlerin 20% discount. There is a department store around the corner and I've seen a shop which sells backpacks near the Marché.

Perhaps losing my baggage puts into perspective what items I really need and will miss: Victorinox  Swiss army knife, the Karrimor vintage ruckpack and a nylon brush I've used for years too. And the sleeping bag...

...

Back in the Grand Place (know locally as Place Jeanne Hachette) prior to the start of the celebrations for Bastille Day. They're testing the PA so there is some dance music pouring over and defeating me in the heat. The bells of Saint Etienne compeat to the south, nearer Pont Paris and the way I go tomorrow.

A troop of French armour clad soldiery parades passed me - just to remind everyone not to explode a bomb amongst the celebrations this evening. There is a lot of sitting together conversing in France café culture. It's a way: a little tedious, but I am here just bidding my time prior to I leave the noise for a comfortable, sober night.

Regardless of yesterday, with some necessary items replaced at the InterSport on the edge of town, I would have been here a whole day. Walking from the airport yesterday, around 5 would've been dangerous, even with all my 

I meandered towards Little Italy thinking pasta is ideal for walking tomorrow. It opens at 7 so I'm have a demi Coq hardi while the proprietor sings his head off in Café du Marché. Just one.

Comments

Popular Posts