Holy Saturday

It's Saturday, but feels a bit like a Sunday - quite quiet on the roads around 7. For me it's probably a Monday as I am back to dog, garden and allotment duties. Back to normal. Last week doesn't count as I had the additional responsibilities of Finley after his day with Leeds Rhinos at WHS. Yesterday was definitely a Saturday judging by the numbers of idiots in fancy dress and being wankers walking down Otley Road as I headed in the opposite direction. I had too much to drink on Thursday (Friday) spent Good Friday (Saturday) recovering. It really was the first such day for quite some time. The ten miles I covered up through Woodhouse, Hyde Park, Headingley and Weetwood were never easy, but I returned back to the flat, through Meanwood, Buslingthorpe and Little London, with Mutti Pulpa and a lemon to put my body back together again. Meditating, reading and listening to the goings on around the Grange.

Around 6 it felt a little chilly so I closed the window. Later on some drain noise was coming from my sink: from the communal discharge pipe, and the usual Boy Racer revving, screeching and charging along North Street. I let it pass and slept peacefully until 4, then rolled over and nearly overslept the time when I was to have a coffee, bathe, clothe and go.

So I applied for the Council Tax Rebate of £150 yesterday morning, which will be very useful helping me forward onto the road again in May. After May I will be tied up with Lola, Ruby and the allotment. Next big adventure will be back to Portugal in September and then the huge move back into employment in 2023... 

Comments

Popular Posts