Tuesday part one

Since I've started finding money hidden in the litter, the new style banknotes, I am preoccupied with all the refuse around Lovell Park, but in Wetherby, where the Wombles are very active suddenly there is a gap of thrown trash: which hasn't had time to accrete. However I've not found a brass farthing around LS7! Probably because they don't have money living in that Council heap? Or there is so much litter my eyes aren't up to the job of seeing the blue, brown or purple of the fiver, tenner or twenty pound note? Still you never know?

My coffers are so near to zero all the time that finding money or getting something for free is a driving factor in 'survival'. Laughable, as I don't think I'll starve soon or be evicted or run out of clothing to keep me warm ...

2022 will be different. Currently I am taking to charity all the unused items of clothes: things I haven't worn since purchased or for several years.

Oh, to live ever so slightly in a time of real need again. How would the 21st Century Occidentalist ever manage?

It's still dark as we pass Scarcroft with the 'New Inn' on the left. Last night I made another excellent veggie soup with a butternut squash, a sweet potato, a red pepper, plenty of garlic, chestnut mushrooms, an onion, one low salt vegetable stock cube, a teaspoon of Za'atar and a little curry spices (cumin, coriander and a teaspoon of Rajah Madras) - nothing to overwhelm the taste of the vegetables.

Turning left towards East Keswick and I wonder if on the 27th England will enter another series of Lockdowns? And what will that potentially mean for Emma, Finley, mother and I?

It's Tuesday and it seems a calm morning, but I saw no stars when peering out the flat at 6. This afternoon I am going to finish clearing the patch around the Goose, Tay and Raspberries between 2 hours with Lola. On Wednesday I think we'll have a Christmas day out together as we've clung to Wetherby since the 2nd...

Comments

Popular Posts