Caudete

The same old questions. Why keep at this? The relentless pushing pushing to reach what exactly? Over just the next crest of a hill is the truth I seek. Searching for what? Which moment of truth am I hoping to have spring out of the mind in which it's locked away? Stop here for a cup of tea.

Then I start up a usual high street. Where two routes converge. The one from Benidorm meets the one I'm on from Alicante. The sign of the Camino says stop again. So a copa vino Vinalopõ and tapas. I will continue again shortly.

Unexpectedly today I had to find a bush in emergency and then, more or less, directly afterwards a migraine. My body rejecting some melancholic disposition as a different way lies ahead? Or simply a few days of too much meat with little vegetable, fruit and too many excellent wines? Soon I will be in La Mancha tilting at windmills like the buffoon I am!

***

Food was calzone. And I'm yawning. But I'm kind of caught in the other Spanish obsession: Barcelona or Real Madrid. I'm rooting for RC Celta Vigo and I had to find out who Real Madrid were playing: it was raining heavily there! Eibar up in Basque country and it was raining here!. While I've eaten this calzone it's stopped, passed through and left a very breezy evening. Apparently that's all the rain la Mancha can expect for two weeks!

***
Domingo and I'm searching everywhere for breakfast: as I was wondering if my luck was out totally a lady began opening up the shutters on a cafeteria. My favourite breakfast tostada con tomate is served here: not exactly as in Andalusia, but this is such a relief with such a distance to go today.

Comments

Popular Posts