Afternoon of Day Five in Orléans

Je suis arrivé à Orléans.

And it's electioneering. I couldn't communicate that I had already arrived outside the Halte Jacquaire. So now I have meandered down to the Loire... Could be worse...

Sunday afternoon from Chartres to Orléans in a smooth hour, but I talked my head off to the driver: I've not seen a soul in ages, especially to sit next to, so all I did was talk. She must've been traumatized! It might've been worse though as I might've said nothing at all...

Place de la Loire and a Biére d'Abbaye Floreffe in La Concurrence... It could be worse.

You know when being a bit tired suddenly hits you? Well it's done it again. I must repeat - yesterday was such a long day, without a proper feed. What will become of me today... I must get a proper feed!

***

The hostess thought there was two British Pilgrims. I was surprised because I've never met another. And it turns out she was waiting for me... I guess that comes from not mentioning that I am British in my emails.

This afternoon I was just too late for Brunch, as they call it on Sundays, so I wolfed down two pizza slices and picked up a tin can of Lentils to use later with the left over, dried, bread that I think I paid quite a lot for yesterday: watch out for BioMarche style shops when you're struggling to find a place to seat yourself to eat properly: expensive.

However I am in bed in the Halte Jacquaire, with a full belly, with two other peregrinos from Portugal coming and going: neice and uncle who I get the feeling is walking home to somewhere in central eastern Portugal. He's probably knocking on 70... She's accompanying him a little distance.

Comments

Popular Posts