Rainy Morning, Germany.

More rain! Too much rain! Oh well it's always a way. Between the edges of Germany, Luxembourg and France the Mosel gets heavier. Slept really well. Perl is still on an evening.

Thanks to Mike I'm not nearly as broke leaving German territory as I have been while in it and this is probably the only time I will try a Jakobsweg because it is simply not that much 'fun' with this unnecessary fear. Money is always a huge challenge, for anyone, but I'm usually able to let that threat to peace recede on the Way: because I can budget for very little if the Way is properly designed to respect a pilgrim with a very frugal constitution.

Until yesterday, and the moment's bliss spent in that moss strewn wood, while sitting for lunch, I'd not felt peace at all this time out! Money is one of the factors I know is on everyone's mind, and it's a real pity, because it hides so much joy inside locked away. To escape from the anxiety a lack of enough funds to survive daily (for anyone) is an unnecessary bane in a world of such fecundity, but, while greed drives so many to gather more than they would ever possibly need to get by, it's a pretty illusive quest. In that moss curtained woodland I felt utter stillness inside: I (thought I) had a bed sorted already and could focus, in that sun filled glade on the moments peace.

At this "Corona" moment much of the world is more worried about money than lives and it's very brave of Italy to go into Quarantine of the entire nation: which is truly not the Italian way.

The haus Frau said eight o'clock this morning Frühstück, and there was no compromise, so at the same time (6:30am) as she left for the Bäckerei so did I. She seemed shocked, but she didn't walk 33 kilometres yesterday and now has to face a similar prospect in rain. It's better I sit here and drink a Klein Kaffee watching the rain form up into puddles and go dashing away down into the drains to add to Northern Europe's overwhelmed rivers! This morning is definitely gater and waterproof trouser weather (oh how I hate the clamminess of waterproof trousers).

Is peace always so elusive? It is definitely a felt presence above all the anxiety riddled continuum, but for me it rarely sits alone. In deep meditation I can touch it's lightness but during the remaining period it seems to patiently wait to be called forth.

Once peace has been fully grasped and accepted there is a subtle, but intrinsic, change which is very obvious, on the surface of the body as well as deep in the inner reality - which I observed recently in Brüder Johannes. His being seemed to walk lightly, he smiled deeply and exuded inspiration. It did rub off on me and, once he gave me the cross, and then blessed me in words I couldn't understand, tears of joy sprang forth. For years I have known there is another way to be yet am still stood, indecisive, at the branch on the road.

Comments

Popular Posts