San Bartolomé

So begins day four: with a night of indigestion which woke me at two am until the gases subsided and I managed a few more hours away from my own fears: I should not have eaten the Cornetto I saw in the freezer?

The Albergue here in Cadalso de los Vidrios is well appointed: the número una as It was rebuilt with American Pilgrims money when it was falling to bits, but it was pretty cold in there this morning as I struggled back to sleep.

Today is a fairly long etapa, without a break in a village along the way so I must await the opening of the supermercado to get some combustibles for the journey: and it's up further into the mountains, but I hope free of asphalt?

How many days since Alicante? 19? Well finally got to the Camino which is more like those in France on Chemin St Jacques.

***

There is no chance I could've managed to walk the extra 19kms through these mountains. As the sun was setting I found myself exhausted, but back on the road. And I thought better I wait to thumb a lift to my destination than to walk into a ravine or blind valley and find that's it? The first driver picked me up and brought me 4 kilometres to San Bartolomé de Pinares: and the view was fantastic. Now I'm sat with a glass of vino blanco and a calor gas fire bringing me round.

***

Bed it is. It's cold here however my sleeping bag is sufficient. The toilet is far away from the dormitory so I might be required to use another means. As I've half a bocadillo left there is really no reason to leave this bed: which is better for my purse and my reason.

Comments

Popular Posts