Etapa 9. morning

The helpful hostess has given me an ice pack for my shin and I recall this is why I didn't actually feel the pain on the way. It was so cold and wet on my ankles that I didn't feel the cluster of pain I had been experiencing, before I got away from La Roda, with every step I took along the path I was upon.

***

Jaded. I'm awake going through the routine of getting ready for one more stage. It's not a long one if I decide to go along either of the Camino: Sureste or Levante, leading from Minaya, as they split again before coming back together in Toledo Province in a few days. Thankfully the kind gentleman yesterday put my wet clothes and drenched boots somewhere that by this morning there is no damp in the boots! I've treated the boots as they went through a lot of punishment in the driving intense rain. By noon, when I'd done for the day, the skies were clearing back to standard blue.

Today I should opt for another short stage and see how my shin is once I get going, but first ablutions.

***

Very difficult 8 kms before I stagger into La Casas de los Pinos for a cup of tea and a way too loud bar. But it's only for ten minutes. My shin is starting to play up again so I will walk at a slower pace for the remainder of the short stage.

It's a crisp, blue day and I would definitely appreciate it more without overwhelming weariness and fatigue in all my limb. But as always this is The Way.

Comments

Popular Posts