Hotel Fuente el Cura.

Well, no I didn't sleep well.  Firstly the bar next door was loud until early Saturday morning. The room has no Aircon or if it has it only appears to be warmer with it on.

Just like on another Friday night, not so long since, I simply couldn't find a light switch or the toilet door in the pitch dark so did a pee pee on the floor! The room needed the shutters and blind down, as there is a bright street light next to the window in the passageway between two streets. Stumbling around this room, because I'd forgotten how it was orientated, I ran out of time on my bladder.

Perhaps drinking too much doesn't help? I do feel tarnished. What is wrong with me? I know why I am in Spain: to leave behind the other person I dislike so much! After all I am walking for better mental health. So now I am aware of how easily I forget why I come away to throw my body at gradients, paths, dust, rocks, mud, etc because it really works. The real walk begins today. Remember this is the way back to sanity, and I feel I've little time left to get it right?

It's OK. I've spotted it! It's just a mistake and I can make amends now. Breakfast is at eight - eat properly ... I do hope they're equiped with some cooked items.

Last night I showered, this morning had a thorough clean and packed my rucksack in hopefully the correct order of things to take the strain I'm feeling in the afternoon; and why am I walking a 6 kilometres pace when it's usually 3 mile an hour pace I do in the UK. This is not a race! How many times do I need to remind myself?

History is repeating itself in me. Two long walks in couple of months and it takes me a little time to remember better what I mean to achieve by walking 25 to 35 kilometres daily - clarity and peace of mind. Listen to the dawn chorus: the chatter of sparrows and the distant barking of a dog. Damn it but the local wine is good! 

Comments

Popular Posts