Monday evening, 4th April.

Monday's can seem a bit like non-days in France, when everything is closed: patisserie, boulangrie, restaurant, etc, so I decided I won't bother tonight with anymore food. The repase at 3 was adequate for this day, on top of the large brunch in Saint Ay.

In the morning I must decide whether to catch the bus forward a little, so I could possibly reach Blois, and stay at the Auberge du Jeunesse, in two days. Perhaps reaching Tour by Wednesday is a little far fetched? Unless I walk, then catch a bus forward, but tomorrow, having just walked up to the Bridge in Meung sur- Loire, I don't really want to walk 2.8kms before actually another 6 to reach where I probably should've been today? 
Beaugency would be the ideal start tomorrow. The lady at the Halte Jacquaire was helpful finding me this place, but it is just slightly too prior the ideal location for Tuesday.

Why am I rushing to get to Tour? I've already been there in 2014. Perhaps I reach Amboise then skip from it to Châtellerault to get to Poitier in time to catch a train. BlaBlaCar or bus to Limoges on Saturday?

This is the longest I've been separated from Lola, a Vizsla, for ages: at least since COVID was sprung on us, and I'm beginning to wish she was by my side. Seeing a puppy down by the riverside in Meung sur-Loire made me a bit tearful...

It's all a bit rushed. Sorry.

Comments

Popular Posts