Misnomer.


Word for the day: one of my favourite... a misapplied or inappropriate name or designation.

L'Agylien scrambled eggs(Bain Marie) potatoes and salad were fit for a king(€7 Prix pour Pèlerin)!.After 3 hours I wanted to stopped for a little time in Saint Ay, as my left foot is a little tender this morning... Walking in Orléans didn't help and 15 kilometres in 3 hours is a killer. Following the right bank of La Loire. It's all good! But maybe I do stop early today as I've a place 5kms up the road La Ruche - €15.

The humming of insects... It's something quite surreal. I had a similar experience walking from Geneva. The sound, collectively, added together can be quite overwhelming. France equals fecundity.

Luckily I ate well this morning as Meung sur la Loire is closed to me except more awful 7jours pizza. So I'm heading back to La Ruche and a quick look into the Portuguese establishment. Quick beer in the Presse, Bar, Tabac, PMU. The first in these places where all you possibly don't need is concentrated in one room...

***

Fantastically satisfying buffet, of the Portuguese variety, at the establishment at the crossroads:. L'Ovale de Loire. Two beers to wash down two chicken legs, a pork stew, potatoes, rice, lettuce and a lovely red cabbage salad all for only €15(complementary Piri Piri sauce) I thought, it being Portuguese, I'd bump into the pair of Pilgrims from last night, but no so perhaps they were here at lunch or didn't know it existed? L'Ovale de Loire reopens this evening for more of the same... Beggars can't be choosers, particularly, and what they fed me was hearty and nutritious, so I may return.

Tomorrow I don't want to plan where I stay because the forecast is for rain. Warmer but raining. The host of this gîtes informs me the supermarche Fresh opens at 7:30am en face of La Ruche.

Comments

Popular Posts