Saturday morning, 19th March.

Friday was a good day. Even with the ale in the afternoon, in Harrogate, and later on at the Brewery with Jason and Nick.

Lola is asleep by my side now, having eaten her breakfast and been outside for her morning toilet.


It's another blue sky day. A fine one. I am dropping Lola off at Emma's before I go to the allotment for a while.

On Sunday I am thinking of walking back to Leeds via Meanwood Valley, through Harewood and Eccup. As today will be a steady one - no alcohol at all - this is a good idea.

Yesterday, when walking Lola into Harrogate, my left foot was playing up again - very painful. Are my shoes too tight? Is there an issue with the insoles in the Altbergs? I've a fresh pair for France. I've not really worn the Scarpa pair more than a couple of times since purchasing them as replacements for the Altbergs. Last time in France I fell with the Altbergs on so am not wearing them where there may be risks...

...

The same question - what is my Goal in life? To give my life some meaning. Walking into Harrogate from Crimple Lane gave me a sense of purpose. It fills me with hope when I see beauty all around: Spring is such a wonderful time of year.

...

Mum's birthday today - 79. Nearly 30 years older than me. She's recovering well from her knee replacement surgery. Hopefully she can return to the garden she loves and can give Lola a gentle walk soon? Perhaps we can go together and enjoy the railway lines and Wetherby Ings?

Lola is dreaming, breathing deeply... She's lovely. Such a wonderful companion. She loves bus journeys and adventures: running around on the sand next to the Crimple Beck and grinning as she comes flying towards me, nibbling my wrists in her excitement!

Comments

Popular Posts