Memories of another Chemin Saint Jacques.

A night occupied by memories of another Chemin Saint Jacques, from Dieppe to Châtellerault via Rouen, Évreux, Dreux, Chartres, Tours and Châteaudun in early March 2014... There is just one town where I slept in a damp bed in a house where it was very cold which I can't place in my head and a misty morning leaving Évreux, but the rest of the time it was fine walking weather. People were very helpful - I stayed in plenty of homes and a couple of monasteries and at least two hotels: Vendóme I arrived so late as I'd walked around 10 kilometres in the wrong direction westerly, towards Le Mans, when I should have been going south west ... The shadow I saw pointing east if I hadn't seen that I'd have had no chance! As it was I walked from a diner on the main road towards a "train station" where I was desperate not to miss the bus from it. I was so late arriving I had to check into a hotel... 

Comments

Popular Posts