To slay a dragon.

The same story told countless times. Every twenty four hours (including the sleeping/dreaming times) the battles between chaos and order.

Lola was unsettled last night. She hopped beds around 4 and I couldn't get her back in her bed. After a broken hour and half she forced me downstairs to breakfast and toilet break.

Usually, when she stays with me, 6:30 is her consistent breakfast time, followed by a quick piss and crap, before she gets back in her place, rearranges her bedding and returns to sleepy-bye-byes, but she stayed at my sister's house on Sunday night and Finley had come back from his dad's a day early: chaos and disorder exists inside that fragile home for sure.

When I collected Lola yesterday morning from my sister's we had arranged for me to collect Lola at 7:30am, but when I arrived no one was awake in that household.

If I had my own rented place, which was dog friendly, then she could always stay with me really - mum and Emma would miss Lola in some purely selfish way(as they seem to see Lola as some possession: their dog), but they would carry on quite normally otherwise.

Lola is my current life companion - I see her and I as a unity. Yesterday I regreted that I cannot drive - never learnt - so I could take Lola elsewhere and be done with this town.

During isolation I've walked her along the east side of Wetherby, which is the least populated section, as the A1(M) ploughs north and south and acts as an unnatural barrier to the seeping bleed of housing estates which have grown cancerous since the early 1970s in this very small market town (large village), because I know less people walk out that way.

As Lola returns to slumber for an hour I am considering a longer walk this morning. Still clinging to the Eastside of Wetherby, but heading further up the side of the barrier of the A1.

To the south Wetherby has the river Wharfe acting as a natural barrier so I rarely go that way either.

Once we're out to the South and into Grange Park the old way to Boston is blocked. The tree lined avenue which heads North from the Lodge below the A1 flyover bridge was once the way we used to walk towards Wetherby, but now the old 'gallops' down the edge of Grange Park is the only 'footpath' and it clings to the south lane of the A1 as it heads towards Bramham and The South.

Comments

Popular Posts