Glastonbury part two

Just walked the long 20 minutes into Glastonbury. Bought a few supplies from Earthfare. Perhaps I eat them tonight with the red beans I bought in a Colombian cantina/cafe in Colham? The weight would be better inside me.

The girl, Shanti, who showed me into the Airbnb accommodation said I could use all the kitchen facilities. Makes plenty of sense. But it might make the beans and garlic for breakfast to go with the chapattis I've been carrying since Birmingham. Tomorrow I can certainly start the day vegetarian if it's up to me: I think she also said to help myself to coffee.

Tomorrow is Bridgwater and back into the tent. I called ahead to the coast to an independent hostel but it's no use me going as it's for 'bubbles' etc and the price is exorbitant; much the same as the YHA. My primary issue with walking in England is the cost of accommodation and the niggling dislike I have of camping. When sunrise is before 5 and sunset around 9 the birds chatter a lot before they settle. The sprucing of plumage was the sound coming from around me after the crows had finished connecting with one another.

...

Really a bed is a wonderful invention. I'm quite through with crawling into a hideously small solo tent unless I invest in all the best gear and suddenly England is bone dry in Summer - none of that crappy Dew underfoot and coating everything. The last time I faintly enjoyed camping was in Croatia back in September 2010, even with a cracked rib and dislocated jaw (and I had zero funds to survive on as the clouds gathered on the Dolomites), but it was better than everything always being damp. Don't misunderstand as I've got every item needed for solo tenting! I just can't stand damp at 5am as the birds cackle my frustration.



...


Comments

Popular Posts