Day four. leaving Bridgwater

Yesterday I struggled so much with hayfever and then trying to find some solace in bloody Bridgwater. In the Weatherspoons and the Fountain Inn a local refused to stop trying to talk to me. In Weatherspoons I made an excuse and headed indoors, but at the Fountain Inn a crazy woman from Halifax, who claimed me as 'kin' just couldn't understand that I am socially anxious. She claimed she was too, but just wouldn't leave me alone... and as I was sat at the furthest away place outside my only option was to run away screaming which I did indeed!

But I did find a fantastic Portuguese Delta café in Eastover area where I finally got over the weary day on Super Bock Preto and bolo. The Admiral Blake Guest House was quiet, but the room I was in only had a sky light window so felt stuffy most of the night. I slept au naturel until my usual time - 5ish - when too many still Somerset scrumpy ciders came out the other orifice.

By 6:30 I was desperate to find breakfast. The town centre remains closed until 8am so I had to come to a retail park for a Costa. It's enough to be going on with Marmite on toast and two coffees. Next to here is a Sainsbury's so I'm going to pick up a couple of Kefir.

...

Making my own route to the Quantocks today as I've been advised to visit The Foxy Bean Cafe near to Nether Stowey.

I get a better impression of Bridgwater heading west from the Marina and heading away from the Canal, which goes to Taunton, so my next stop is Wembdon and the Holy Well.

Holy Cider last night, Holy (Saint John's) Well water this morning. I've left Bridgwater a better way.

Comments

Popular Posts