Day One - Bristol to Cheddar, 25 miles.

Two fully loaded breakfast baps from Greggs(yuck!!!) later and I'm heading out of Bristol towards the Clifton Suspension Bridge.

What a view looking up at it and looking outwards towards the Bristol Channel: I never knew that Portishead was on the coast.

After I'd been on my feet for 2 hours from Clifton, and leaving behind the heavy Monday morning traffic, I passed through a 'random little village' (Dundry) on this Samaritan's Way around 10:30am and there in the Pub/Shop I bump into a guy who used to sleep below me when I worked in Padstow at Pucelli's in 2010! Small world full of serendipity! He was a great lad, but got moved into another house as soon as possible - I do snore my head off.

Looking back I can make out the suspension bridge 5 miles away as I'm about to hit rolling countryside with Chew Valley Lake in the distance.

The fecundity of England in June where everything is verdant and nodding in the slightest breeze. A touch of hay fever caught me coming into Chew Magna but I resisted scratching and buying antihistamines from the pharmacy next to the place I stopped for lunch: Moondance.

It was a long day on my feet from leaving the short bedded Airbnb host at 6 am to crawling into my tent at 7:30 pm.

Today was not a meat free one. Beggar's can't be choosers and I really needed the calories from the two breakfast baps in Greggs(£7.50 Inc two double espresso) and the large hamburger at Moondance in Chew Magna(£15 Inc an apple presse). The ensemble is complete with vegetarian pakora and spring rolls I picked up from the Nisa outside Digbeth Coach Station in Birmingham eaten now.

Now I lay down I feel numerous bites on my body. Oh well! It's not going to be malaria...

Comments

Popular Posts