Orito

Coming down from Cueva de San Pascual - 414 metres - I saw many many strips which seemed to be wrapped in plastic! The closer I got I realised this was tarpaulin/netting and these were vines. The leaves were dried but the grapes were secluded in packages. The occasional bunch had escaped so I saw massive grapes. Yet being here, near the sea, where wine is too much to ask of the grape, I thought this must be a mistake in my knowledge? Large grapes don't make Grand Cru wine. And until the lady of the Comisaria told me, and gave me a huge bunch that tasted just like honey, I didn't know they were just for eating!

Heading in for repase I expected the wine must be awful here, being such a simple outlet, but the Rueda Verdejo washed down the fantastic paella, chicken and chips and copious salad, all for only €8, it felt only right and proper to sit in the shade outside and have another copa!

Bed for the night turned out to be €16, not a Donativo and the beds are too short! 


Comments

Popular Posts