etapas 2. morning

Walking out of Alicante gave me a slight problem breathing with sheer number of cars, trucks, etc.

First thing this morning I have to get to next town for Desayuno as Orito is very small, without even a shop.

Five kilometres on Asphalt to a very desolate town for breakfast - these types of towns exist fairly often on the Camino, but not as frequent as the historic ones. Monteforte del Cid.

Day two is a little tedious so far as I follow the train tracks between Alicante and Madrid to my left. Soon I'm sure to leave the thundering of high speed trains behind?

Finally away from asphalt to Via Pecuaria - which I think translates to drovers path? So after a lot of ups and downs, over a aqueduct where I dared not but walk straight ahead, no eyes Looking down, I'm in Petrer. Hasty Tapas and beer. Need to slow down and eat leisurely. They're doing me Menu del Dias early, thankfully, as I've another few kilometres ahead this afternoon - perhaps 10 - before I reach Sax. The tourist info is next door perhaps they can check ahead for space it's Friday! Waiting to eat I'm entitled to perhaps the best Muscat of Alexandra produced here in Petrer itself. Calm. Boots off.

Comments

Popular Posts