A Sign of Stress

It's a full week since I set off back to Leeds, Wetherby, and the other world which pains me, and already my plans are to leave it once more. More walking because I am forever walking. So it's Sunday and I'm going to be quiet and composed all day in preparation for a full working week with Lola in tow.

***
A trip to Harrogate on terribly bouncy vintage x70. It's all holes and draughts. Lola yawned all the way: but she's never cared less about the transport we're in. Yawning is a sign of stress: or so I've been told. But I wasn't enjoying this rickety bum bruising nonsense either. So we hoped off before the Showground proper. The driver was whistling tunelessly all the way in so I was relieved to hop off near The Travellers Rest and, obviously, Lola ceased yawning.

Comments

Popular Posts