Into Alicante

Down went my sack. And quickly was made the bed. So I will leave on Thursday. I've never been to Alicante, except during a dream (perhaps a nightmare)? This room has only four beds so I expected hassles. This was not to happen as all the beds are on their own and have curtains for privacy and to bring Wednesday to a close in darkness.

This evening I have seen the route taken out of Alicante so I'm sure that's it for, God knows, how long? And it does as I'm sent, like all pilgrims, out of the darkness into the brightest light 

But should I stay or should I go? I will sleep on it. It's not a race, but certain things must be in place before I stubble off ... Or do they need to be? Hanging about for a weary body? It's always falling apart now so ... I will sleep on't!

***

This morning I've battled with an over warm room until I couldn't take anymore. Too many Amontilladoes and the heat drenched me, dehydrated me and gave me a slight headache. By 7am I thought fuck this, got dressed and headed over the two blocks to the Central Mercado for coffee. Now I'm back and the host of this hostel was most apologetic about the heat. Now the room is a much more temperate 20°C. Polished off the remaining porridge I was unable to eat on Ryanair, because they have no spoons, and said Guten Morgan to two German's persons from up near Bremen. 

Comments

Popular Posts