Twenty-six.

It went on and on. Apart for a couple of water stops I plunged on until, behold, a huge lake spread out before me. Then it was curving to right down from the hill and then left into Le Pin. Once I arrived everything was closed and the streets were quiet, except for one girl going passed on a bike who I hollered and she, Katherine, did what she could to try find to me a place to stop. The only option really is the Accueil Pelerin further along the Way, (and a bit back up these hills). €30 for a very comfortable room, but there was no chance of dinner (usually), however as it a Dimanche, and nothing will reopen this evening (and I'm not moving another muscle), he said don't worry. At seven I've chicken, potatoes and rice and a provençal sauce, a Danone vanilla dessert, some welcome (slightly dry) bread and a nice piece of a goats cheese. The host, who speaks no English, has been excellent - he also dropped me a couple of beers to quench my thirst - Kronenbourg - and sorted tomorrow's sleeping place. And breakfast is at 7am. Before I came I thought €30 was expensive, but I will probably sleep much better now I know I don't have to put logs on a fire to beat the chill and the dampness of the bed. For yesterday's host I was the first pilgrim of 2019 and they had no chance to air the room's because I was unexpected.

Washed some smalls, and rearranged my rucksack, then I discovered I've lost one base layer merino since Monday and I've no memory of having out of the bag. The only thing to do is send in a claim. It was a Christmas present too.

Early night I feel - solid night and another long one tomorrow?

Comments

Popular Posts