Beja.

A battled against the sinking mud,
But I didn't fight. Slowing to a gentle, yet ploughing/sucking, pace as I reached the (disused) railway lines.
Skirting Beja to the east and carrying the mud of (olive) war everywhere.
Beja vu...
Déjà vu.
Don't I know this bar from before?
I tried to stop, but I was called.
A shower and a Saturday.
A Prancinho and a Super Bock Preta.
No, I've never been here before.
But similar (somewhere) - I stumbled into - on another Way in another Time. A bit middle class hipster-ish, but it's not Portuguese?
It's alright as I am being torn apart by
New Wave and a lady in butterfly wings.
Her son a stoned wizard, but not a
True star. Polkadot stepple- hat: Reprehensible! 1979 is a broken glass
Heart, which is still amongst them?
***
Gosh I am tired as a man converts himself. A man becomes a sheikh.
Another time was in Palma Mallorca. But I was only there for a coffee and cake as it closed. Middle class and simply out of sight? I am a working(less) hero.

I am a whole day ahead of my "schedule" so tomorrow I can reach Cuba (pronounced 'Cuba' Gooding).
Smoke a blunt or a puro and head to Seville to escape Iberia before the school holiday drops like bad acid on amongst strangers?

Six Super Bock 20cl beers (or was it seven) and 6 super broa. Now I am horizontal and ready for a broken night just off the Praça da Republica on a Saturday evening ... Good night Vienna?

Comments

Popular Posts