ten past seven on a wet Sunday morning.

Even in this moment I can't step back and relax: why am anxious in the rain? I am fully protected wearing waterproof trousers and the aging Páramo coat, and I've the backpack covered. For combustibles I've a pocket full of cooked chestnuts (the ones I picked on the way to Samos).l

All my clothes are laundered, but the underpants (bamboo) are not so quick drying! So one pair is on damp and the remainder in a plastic bag for the next chance to dry: wherever today ends. Weary. Albergue Bela Muxía was clean and quiet, but I can't stand those disposable bedding sets: they make me sweaty in bed: I like to be frigid in bed. It was still value for money as the staff were smiley and helpful(€16).

Trying to wait for sunrise before doing another days walking: there is a very refreshing fuente below Igrexa de Santa Maria which I want to replenish my flask with.

All that anxiety. It's just weariness. There is always one cafe opening by 7am somewhere in the universe?

O Xardín café where a sign on a table says 'free' but the items on it are not 'free'! Perhaps it's the table which is free standing or a liberated being 🤣? So I have a weighty slice of Torta de Santiago... I am almost no longer weary!

Comments

Popular Posts