Fisterra

Randomly weeping again - O Camiño - Just as I was finishing a fantastic lunch (Liresca Restaurante) when I got all emotional about seeing my girl again shortly! While talking to a younger Canadian who I was explaining Albert/Vimy Ridge... Which is also very emotional?
Being away so long, with only those days between - looking after Archie - is the longest she's not been right at the top of my agenda all the time. She's the best thing that every happened to me.

She had a operation to remove a benign cyst, off her chest and her right thigh, when I initially travelled to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port. So she was in 'recovery mode' when I returned and had Archie to do sit for (but we did do a fairly large one, the day before I left to return to León, up on Wetherby Racecourse).

But shortly I'll be staring deeply into those beautiful brown eyes: full of pure love, innocence, free of judgement or malice, but with perhaps just a twinkling of cunning whenever she smells anything to roll in as she knows I don't like her rolling in it!

Finally, after I'd eat the majority of the beans I'd carried with me, I crawled into an albergue bed and was gone in no time - although I could swear the room was damp? Or was that just me? I had a warm cleansing shower and felt less less damp.

***

Only 5, plus the Municipal Albergue, open in November - the one at the municipal had an inadequately inventoried kitchen, which had a 7pm curfew on it! The person on reception at the MA thankfully called around to see who had a cocina... Albergue Por Fin.

All good after I'd hastily located the Abanca to pay €15. The downstairs has a homely feel to it. However the Hospitalero was a little over fussy about cleaning up. I'd hardly sat down to dinner when she handed me a packet of tissues and had begun cleaning where I had been! But I was literally eating so couldn't clean yet? It's a Hungarian albergue and Lola is a Hungarian Vizsla!As I got closer to the official point where the urban sprawl became Fisterra I thought I'd be overwhelmed by the moment. But I wasn't. I don't recall it at all from 2013...

Slightly oddly socially inept Taiwanese lady who was literally 'watching' everything I did as she had nothing else to do ... To shoo her away I suggested she read a book... It was her birthday. I am so bad! I didn't have the patience or inclination to participate in her little soiree! I was too exhausted for une waferthin menthe...

Pausing for a coffee before breakfast, then packing away to head away...

Comments

Popular Posts