Ouistreham.

Washed myself, and some smalls, in room 10 of L'Ecallier(€60) in one of those half baths I have only ever squeezed into in France. Currently I am enjoying a second Ciney Blonde contemplating at Andouillette(AAAAA), I asked the chef to make sure it's well done. Tomorrow I turn my face south and head towards Le Man's.

It was wide, but not long. The Andouillette. And it was local. Troyes is famous for it and it was a pale imitation of the baked in the oven loveliness I've had previously in the areas closer to it's home. But it did the trick, same as the Ciney, the bain and the coat hangers. I will be heading south for a few days. At least until Thursday, when Amiens or Paris.

The head honcho is definitely on speed. I think English and Irish tourists have worn him down. He sees so many people without any real connection. He was interested I was walking el Camino from Tuesday, but he quickly went back to being rapid...

***

Opposite is a couple who are too age difference to be a couple, and she has a lovely accent... Victoria. I asked NSW or Perth. He's from near Wells.

Morning of turning south along the Chemin Saint-Jacques for a few days prior to the return on Thursday/Friday.

During the night it belted down and I was in room surrounded by mosquitoes; infested, but I don't think these were Asiatics because they were large, however I can't see properly now since cataract surgery; they were just various shadows on the wall as I squashed them before returning to the duvet cover interior, minus the quilt(too heavy and restricting).

Across from the L'ECALLIER is the hotel who asked €95 (Phare) a room, and really couldn't pay that, however the Andouillette in L'Ecallier was disappointing but at least I didn't pay an extra €35 for a dozen mosquitoes?

The usual retirees in the bar arse of the brasserie and they are chortling gleefully at fart humour on someone's over loud YouTube and it's put a smile on my face! Yes was tough, as it is when the foot fucks up, but I am grateful I reached Pegasus Bridge. There is some memorial to Sword Beach and the 70th anniversary of D-Day, but it means nothing to me really: I head south towards another freedom which I know was delivered expensively...

Comments

Popular Posts