Don't Deauville...

More than tempted to say fuck it to a third day of walking with the pitiful weather conditions forecast - heavy thunderstorms all day as the rain begins again - or find an umbrella...

Sat having a coffee back in Trouville-sur-Mer, surrounded by photos of French post war idols (all dead, except Brigitte Bardot) and watching the storm begin.

Slept well in the hotel/hostel -, but, at €48, it's the most expensive dormitory I've ever had the pleasure to hear people snore, drag flip-floped feet, cough their lungs up, douche for hours and the gentleman on reception was either new or on opium or both ...YOU are Deauville (am I? Oh I thank you! But I am sure I am not!)

The rain! Last year I was fighting a heat wave and this year I am being drenched in La Manche conveyor of Océane Atlantique. Global warning is bollocks: it's just weather and statistics (we have so many records and the world is covered in recorders in the 21st) not so long since there was no La Manche!

Setting off at 8am with blue skies and the sun on my left shoulder along the Côtes Royale heading for the headland before the dirty clouds ahead give me what's for?

Comments

Popular Posts